Icons?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
beyecixramd

Icons?

Post by beyecixramd »

I would like to have icons in the fluxbox/blackbox desktop, I tried Nautilus, but since the desktop covers my screen, i wasn't able to launch programs clicking in the desktop, it shows the nautilus desktop menu instead.

so i would like to have icons BUT keep the right click desktop funcionality, i'm currently using ROX running "rox &" in the startup script, but it only shows the home folder in a window... I was thinking about Thunar...

well, what can I do? thank you!!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
shane
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Icons?

Post by shane »

Fluxbox and icons are a bit tricky because of the right click on the desktop. I think there is a way to get Rox to display icons and still let you right click... but I dont know how...

Have a look at this thread. Maybe it will help you get a setup you like.

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 48#p108634
meskarune

Post by meskarune »

Check out pcmanfm

Its a file manager that will also change the desktop wallpaper and make icons, while still allowing the fluxbox right click menu.
beyecixramd

Post by beyecixramd »

meskarune wrote:Check out pcmanfm

Its a file manager that will also change the desktop wallpaper and make icons, while still allowing the fluxbox right click menu.
okay, a bit late, but i was still interested in it.

thanks!

where should i place the icons? does PCManFM have a "desktop" folder, or reads the icons from $HOME/desktop?

(I'm spanish, and desktop in spanish is escritorio, can i make PCManFM in that case, read the icons from $HOME/escritorio?)
meskarune

Post by meskarune »

In pcmanfm's preferences just tell it to manage the desktop and show file icons. Then you can drag and drop stuff and manage the desktop wallpaper like in gnome. Also set the option to show menu's when desktop is clicked, so that the flux right click menu shows up.

Return to “Software & Applications”