WIRELESS LOCKED UP??

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
justo
Level 1
Level 1

WIRELESS LOCKED UP??

Post by justo »

I got the new Mint KDE loaded and it is really great.I have everything going.I went to the package Mgr and got GAIM and some more things I like. I used it all evening but when I rebooted the wireless failed to work. It was the same way with Mint Bea and Bianca before. I want to keep KDE. But I would like to know how to get my wireless to work again.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Hi justo
To get helped you must post some details, not just that it's broken.
Tell us what equipment you use, run mintwifi and paste the output and someone may be able to help you

Should be moved to networking wireless
justo
Level 1
Level 1

Post by justo »

I did not see that switch.So I used my old standby. Like Bea.Bianca and now KDE I have to reload to dump the wireless killer bug and try to get only GAIM from the package manager so I can be able to use my wireless.Awhile back I think I read that Clem said a kernel update was the cause.I tried not to get updates.
justo
Level 1
Level 1

Post by justo »

Ok.I reloaded both Mint KDE and PC Linux. This time I only got Thunderbird and GAIM from the package manager . I will not allow updates or get more.that keeps my wireless working.There is a bug in that area.

Return to “Hardware Support”