Wireless keyboard question

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Fred

Re: Wireless keyboard question

Post by Fred »

Interesting observation Ferns. I never really thought about that. I really don't see an easy solution to that one either.

Fred
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
garda

Re: Wireless keyboard question

Post by garda »

I believe you are having this problem because the transceiver unit connects to a USB port on your computer but you have not set the BIOS to handle USB keyboards. Without the proper BIOS setting, your keyboard is only usable once an operating system that is capable of recognizing USB input devices has been loaded. Furthermore, you will be having difficulty when you attempt to reinstall Windows, since Windows installer is not able to recognize USB input devices all by itself -- it needs assistance from the BIOS.

What you have to do now is grab a working PS/2 keyboard and plug it in to your computer so that you can enter the BIOS settings menu and locate then alter the relevant setting/settings in order to be able to use your USB input device outside of an operating system environment. You would have refer to the users manual that came with your motherboard to know which setting/settings to change but, as far as I know, it is typically dubbed 'USB Legacy Support' or 'USB Keyboard Support'.

Return to “Beginner Questions”