cd/dvd drive will read cds but not blank dvds??

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Fred

Re: cd/dvd drive will read cds but not blank dvds??

Post by Fred »

root_assassin,

You need to help us out a little here. Please try to be a little more specific about your problem. On its' face, your problem about not reading blank dvds is a non-problem. Blank dvd, no data to read. What did you expect it to do?

Fred
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Post by viking777 »

Possible answer: Open up synaptic and serch for 'libdvd'. When I do that I have 3 files installed (and a few that aren't). The three that are needed are libdvdread3, libdvdnav4 and libdvdcss2. If you don't have those installed then install them. it might work (or it might not!).
Fred

Post by Fred »

I still have the question, what is to be read from a blank dvd? Honest, I don't get it. Sorry.

Fred
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

I think I understand the problem. First, completely remove the current version of Brasero using Synaptic, then install the newer Brasero packages found here.

removed/search.php?keywords=brasero

Also, if you are having problems with the CD-ROM closing, update the udev package in Synaptic. These steps should get things working for you.

@ Ferd

I think the original poster is saying that when he inserts a blank CD Nautilus does not put "blank CD" on the desktop. I don't think he actually meant reading the disk but the system seeing it. I knew what he meant because I had the same problem.
Fred

Post by Fred »

exploder,

Ahhh... see and read. Ok I am just a little slow today. I missed it. :-)

Thanks.

Fred

Return to “Sound”