Stuck with some closed source stuff.

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
globetrotterdk

Stuck with some closed source stuff.

Post by globetrotterdk »

I have two issues related to closed source, that I would like to solve. I have mainly used Apple products in the past (G5 and iPhone):

1) How to sync my iPhone with my laptop (Lenovo T60 running LM 6)

2) I have been using Apple's MobileMe sync service to sync my G5 and my iPhone (1st Gen), when not connected at home. Is there anyway my T60 (LM 6) can access this service?

Cheers
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
garda

Re: Stuck with some closed source stuff.

Post by garda »

I have a good news followed by a stack of bad news for you. The good news is you can sync your iPhone with Amarok and probably with several other music players as well. The bad news is you can achieve this only with a jailbroken iPhone. The complete instructions can be found here:

Wireless iPhone sync with Amarok in 10 minutes*

Another bad news for you is there is no information regarding syncing with MobileMe that I can find anywhere -- at least not with quick search. Although you might come across something useful after conducting a thorough research on the matter.

*There is a link to the source near the bottom of the page, which is no longer available -- it keeps giving me 404 Not Found error.

There is another version of similar guide at Tombuntu.
globetrotterdk

Post by globetrotterdk »

Cheers.

I was thinking of something along the lines of Codeweaver's Crossover Linux:

http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxlinux/

Has anyone tried to use iTunes on Crossover Linux?

I tried it some years ago and I didn't think Windows apps ran very well with it. It does seem better than using emulation on a laptop.
garda

Post by garda »

I have tried to install iTunes versions 6.x-8.x with CrossOver 7.x Professional, but none of them seemed to run smoothly enough. Therefore I do not consider it usable within this particular usage context.

Return to “Beginner Questions”