update issues stopping boot up

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
deadletter

update issues stopping boot up

Post by deadletter »

Well when I get to the grub menu to select windows or minty ^^ all is good until I let mint start up I get this, I'm some what new to linux so I can't fix every problem but I do enjoy usally doing them my self but this one I have no clue on so some help would be great =D

Code: Select all

Starting up ...
[ 0.403205] ACPI: Aborted because crc error
[0.747455] pci 0000:03:06.0:BAR0: error updating (0xfdf00000 !=0xfdd00000
(
[2.114841] crc error
[2.161980] Kernel panic-not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs, unkown-black (0.0)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Decemberdoom

Re: update issues stopping boot up

Post by Decemberdoom »

Boot up with a Live CD or something and check your menu.lst file (/boot/grub/menu.lst) , make sure the entry for Mint is pointing to the correct drive.

I've heard of this error occurring when your kernel doesn't have support for the FS type which you are trying to boot from. Still, looking through Menu.lst is a good place to start. You may also want to take a look here:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions ... ck-361735/
deadletter

Post by deadletter »

Thanks will take a dig at it latter today ^^ atm I'm busy, just got bblean working nicely :P
deadletter

Post by deadletter »

I thinks I know how to fix it but it's just mounting it annoyance now, I just don't know were to look any more :'(

Code: Select all

you need to edit "/etc/lilo.conf"

add this:

--------------------------------

image = /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.11.4

root = /dev/hd*

label = **any thing**

read-only  

point root the the main hdd

Return to “Installation & Boot”