Upgrading space for mint4win

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Upgrading space for mint4win

Post by grimdestripador »

Modifying your partition table is about the most risky thing you can do to you data. BE SURE IT IS BACKED UP.
But yeah. Boot from your live CD. Navigate to >> LM Menu:Adminstration:Partition Editor. Now choose your Windows Partition, Click edit, reduce the size. Click LM partition, Click edit, and increase the size. This WILL TAKE HOURS. You computer most likely won't crash but will behave as if it was. To make it faster. I'd just delete the LM partition. Reduce the size of WIndows, then reinstall LM on your free space.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Decemberdoom

Post by Decemberdoom »

How did you burn the CD? I've found that I have had limited success when I would extract the .iso contents and then burn them with regular software.

If burning from Windows, I recommend downloading PowerISO, and burning the iso to a cd directly.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Anytime you shrink a Windows partition you should defrag it at least once before you begin. You have been forewarned.

Fred
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Decemberdoom wrote:How did you burn the CD? I've found that I have had limited success when I would extract the .iso contents and then burn them with regular software.

If burning from Windows, I recommend downloading PowerISO, and burning the iso to a cd directly.
You should never extract an ISO unless your destination is to USB.
For buring an ISO.
Check out ISO Recorder
here is some tutorials
http://www.petri.co.il/how_to_write_iso_files_to_cd.htm
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

check boot order in bios.

Return to “Installation & Boot”