Mint backup, error message

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gibbsre

Mint backup, error message

Post by gibbsre »

Just tried to use Mint backup, and got this.
I tried earlier to use it and back up all the hidden files feature, it did the same thing and listed all the hidden files in the same message.
I must have broken it in some way. I haven't seen this before, has anyone else?

An error occurred during the backup: tar cvWf home_20090301200022.backup * --> 512
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
distoaddict

Re: Mint backup, error message

Post by distoaddict »

Try un-installing then reinstalling the package and try again.
gibbsre

Post by gibbsre »

distoaddict wrote:Try un-installing then reinstalling the package and try again.
Been there, done that. Made no difference. Thanks anyway!
distoaddict

Post by distoaddict »

i tried mintBackup a few minutes ago and got a similar error."An error occurred during the backup: tar cvWf home_20090302223124.backup * --> 256"
it's a new version as it's in /var/cache/apt so that looks that you're not alone.
gibbsre

Post by gibbsre »

distoaddict wrote:i tried mintBackup a few minutes ago and got a similar error."An error occurred during the backup: tar cvWf home_20090302223124.backup * --> 256"
it's a new version as it's in /var/cache/apt so that looks that you're not alone.
That's the same one I got, I guess it will be fixed sooner or later. No worries, I used remastersys to make a backup so it's all good.

Return to “Beginner Questions”