EeePC 901

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
saltyp
Level 1
Level 1

EeePC 901

Post by saltyp »

Any Eee Users out there?
I had Elyssa on my EeePC but had issues with shutdown. The system would not power off correctly, but would hang with the power light on. This required holding the I/O switch to "hard" off the unit. All other functionality was terrific. I swtched to my other Distro of choice OpenSuSE 11.1 (they got it out before mint 6, and dont hate me, I sing the virtues of Mint in the Novell/SuSE forums) All functionality and the Asus ACPI module meant everything was perfect, except the KDE 4.1 desktop was a little demanding on the system. So I quickly downloaded Mint 6 and banged that on. The new kernel is a lot friendlier to many laptops, as was evident in Suse 11.1.
Sadly I have the same shutdown problem...

The default Xandros is intended to scare people away from linux, I'm sure of this. Mint runs very well on the lowly spec'd Eee. So some insight from the learned would be much appreciated.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
if it aint broken....dont let me near it
hein59

Re: EeePC 901

Post by hein59 »

Hi saltyp,

I 've the eee 901 too, but never had any problems with shutdown. I've installed Mint 6 for a few times, before I found the best Partition-Config for me, but everything is running "out of the box" exept the wireless-network. but with ndiswrapper it works, too. I run Mint with the 2.6.27-7-generic-kernel.

Greez from Germany, hein
vva

Post by vva »

I haven't tried MInt yet, but isn't it Ubuntu-based? Perhaps Adam's kernel would help... Available here http://www.array.org/ubuntu/.

I'm considering installing Mint Xfce or Fluxbox on my 901. Do you have any experience with that?

r. vva
AK Dave

Post by AK Dave »

+1 up
Use an array kernel on the Eee. Mint is a customized Ubuntu.
saltyp
Level 1
Level 1

Post by saltyp »

HAHA!
A month later and yes infamous..that works a treat. Cheers.
if it aint broken....dont let me near it

Return to “Hardware Support”