great program

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
educateme

great program

Post by educateme »

Hi, I just discovered a program that works great with Apple Ipods. yamipod (yamipod.com) is a very simple, stand-alone executable that syncs music to an ipod without iTunes. It is very simple; it uses a simple drag-and-drop interface, and requires no installation and no compiling/building.

I have the yamipod program stored on my ipod's hard drive (rather than my pc), so it works no matter what computer I connect it to. It works great. Just thought I would pass it on.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fred

Re: great program

Post by Fred »

educateme,

Good tip. People ask about something like this all the time. I like the fact that you said it resides on the player and worked cross platform.

Thanks. :-)

Fred
AK Dave

Post by AK Dave »

Yamipod works great with older iPods, but last time I tried to use it the program had problems with the newer products. I have an 80gb iPod Classic and was unable to get Yamipod to work, but my brother has an older 60gb iPod Video and he loves it. It believe it would work with my daughter's 2g Nano, but not with my wife's 4g Nano. I think I'm going to get my brother to trade iPods with me so I can use Yamipod.
educateme

Post by educateme »

Firstly, it works well on the apple 4-gig. it works on mine!!

Secondly, yamipod is just for losers like me who don't know how to run something more complex. If I had the choice, I would be running either rockbox or ipodlinux. (ipodlinux.org)
educateme

Post by educateme »

Floola is just like yamipod, only it lets you sync photos as well as music.

Return to “Sound”