dell lattitude usb problem

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
eeezzzeee

dell lattitude usb problem

Post by eeezzzeee »

hey guys,
i know this isn't a mint problem but i am hoping someone out there could share some expert tutilage with me. A friend of mine has an older dell laptop that i set up xubuntu for. everything was working great with it, today she called me and said after she ran the updates the usb's stopped being recognized. i took a look at it and googled everything i could think of but nothing seemed to fix it. i tried restarting the computer with a jumpdrive in it with a live usb and it didn't boot... but im not sure if that is due to the age of the comptuer not supporting usb boots or the usb's not working, i don't remember testing the usb when i set up the computer. there is power running through the usb's cause my jump drive and usb mouse both lit up, but they aren't being seen by xubuntu. i am at work right now but the next thing i was going to try was to boot of a live cd when i get home tommorow and see if the live cd will see the usb's. any thoughts or experience with this out there?
thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: dell lattitude usb problem

Post by Husse »

Run lsmod and look for ohci and ehci (with the grep command if you prefer)
That will tell you if USB is detected and the appropriate modules are loaded
eeezzzeee

Re: dell lattitude usb problem

Post by eeezzzeee »

Thanks for the reply, I tried a bunch of different things I found on the net, but none of them worked. My fried wasn't too concerned about it so we just left it how it was.

Return to “Hardware Support”