How can I get showimg?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
shayney

How can I get showimg?

Post by shayney »

One of my favourite apps of all time is showimg.
I'm finding it impossible to get hold of on Mint.
I've trawled the net but can only find versions for older ubuntu's.

I've tried installing a debian Sid deb, using alien to convert and rpm and tried compiling it myself.
I'm assuming the problem is that it hasn't been updated for kde4 (maybe never will?)

I have been unable to find any other app that allows me to view my photo collection, camcorder footage and transferred dvd's in a single interface and works EXACTLY how I want it to :(
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: How can I get showimg?

Post by Husse »

Latest release is from 2006-01-12 exactly three years ago
There are other similar apps - I can't recommend one as I don't really know what's important for you
Picasa perhaps?
shayney

Re: How can I get showimg?

Post by shayney »

I hate losing apps I'm so happy and familiar with {:o(

I basically want an app that I can launch to open at the images or videos/films folders and display the thumbnail images of them as well as play both photos and videos within the interface (not seperate windows).

I might sound picky but it's the way I'm used to things and I like it like that.
I've tried countless different apps and the only thing that comes close is gqview.
The the interface is much clunkier and I can't have it open at a main folder (photos) and display thumbnail images of the subfolders (family, friends, pets etc) for me to click on. So I have to manually open each folder which isn't how I like it.

I'm currently trying Elisa is again very different but it slightly more to my liking.

Return to “Software & Applications”