Icons

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AndyP79

Icons

Post by AndyP79 »

Hey all,
Okay, so I am newish to Mint, but been using Ubuntu for some time now, though, I am not super technical.

I have downloaded several icon themes, and something I run into in Mint, is that the folder mainly, though other icons also, don't work. Example, I downloaded the Glass Icon theme, and I get this strange, gray default type of folder instead of the themed one.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
garda

Re: Icons

Post by garda »

Have you managed to solve the puzzle?

If not, give me the link to the Icon theme and I will gladly try and have a look at it.
Kaye

Post by Kaye »

The icon theme he's talking about works perfectly for me.
AndyP79

Post by AndyP79 »

It's not just the Glass Icon theme. It's a lot of icon themes. Downloaded from different sources. MintInstall, LinuxMintArt.org, Gnome-look.org, Art Manager from the menu, etc.
I am thinking about trying a reload of the the computer, because last time I had it on here, the icons and all worked fine. I am going to try posting to the ubuntu forums also though first, and see what happens, I'll post answers here......

Return to “Beginner Questions”