Driver for Linksys WRT54G wireless router

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dscapuano

Driver for Linksys WRT54G wireless router

Post by dscapuano »

Can someone tell me where to get this? I saw the error come up when I installed from the CD, but did not catch the website stated in the error message. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Mastacheata

Re: Driver for Linksys WRT54G wireless router

Post by Mastacheata »

What does your wireless router need drivers for?
You surely don't have Mint running on your router. And to your wireless clients the wrt54g should act as a simple wireless access point.
For configuration you'll only need the webinterface.
So you won't need any drivers at all.
dscapuano

Post by dscapuano »

Ok, you know more about this than I do. However, when I install Mint it complains about a driver not being present and wants me to download firmware from a website - linux.org I believe.
:?
Mastacheata

Post by Mastacheata »

You're talking about the firmware for your wireless network card?
If it's not possible to install the driver via the restricted drivers tool you need to download the firmware for the chipset used on your network card.
Have a look at the wiki page for friendly wireless cards and compare with your wireless cards name. (Most likely something like linksys W**54G)
http://linuxmint.com/wiki/index.php/Lin ... Wifi_cards

Return to “Hardware Support”