Totem DVD playback issues

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
solar1951
Level 4
Level 4

Totem DVD playback issues

Post by solar1951 »

This problem has arisen recently but I cant trace it to any specific upgrades, and I only use mint update before anyone asks.
Totem the default DVD player has decided to ignore some of the GUI controls - specifically the forward and backward chapter buttons. It also ignores the input from the "ctrl+" command, such as ctrl+M for menu.
It used to work now doesn't.
I have set up vlc as the default now which works fine but would love to know why totem just wont play right anymore ! Any hints ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Totem DVD playback issues

Post by exploder »

Check out what updates Synaptic is showing. My guess is there is a level 3 update that will fix Totem. Use your best judgement should you upgrade any packages.
solar1951
Level 4
Level 4

Post by solar1951 »

exploder wrote:Check out what updates Synaptic is showing. My guess is there is a level 3 update that will fix Totem. Use your best judgement should you upgrade any packages.
Hi Exploder, I have level 3 activated in mint update, so its not that.
Also for information I have a ubuntu studio 8.04 box and totem shows the same problems as on the mint elyssa box. Strange ??? I have searched ubuntu forums but no posts about this issue.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

Also for information I have a ubuntu studio 8.04 box and totem shows the same problems as on the mint elyssa box. Strange ???
That is odd... Well, I wonder if there is something in the medibuntu repo that might hold an answer? I have not seen the problem you are describing myself. Have you tried removing and reinstalling Totem? Just trying to think of a way to fix this.
solar1951
Level 4
Level 4

Post by solar1951 »

I have tried to roll back to a previous version with no effect - I currently have 2.22.1-0ubuntu3 and have tried rolling back to 2.22.1-ubuntu2.
Thanks for your interest exploder, it must be early morning where you are, get some sleep !

Return to “Sound”