Smartphone compatibility.

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
globetrotterdk

Smartphone compatibility.

Post by globetrotterdk »

I am in the market for a new smartphone and have been searching the Internet for up to date info on smartphone compatibility with Linux. Unfortunately, I haven't become very much more informed than when I started. I can see that again this year, as every year, there are promises of new devices that are in the pipeline that promise more open source compatibility, but they are either vaporware or for some reason never seem to appear where I live (Denmark).

What is the lowdown on smartphone models that are in the market place today? Which ones play nice with Linux? I want to be able to sync notes, calendars, music, pics, docs (?), etc. What is the LM policy on making the user experience problem free in the mobile phone area?

Cheers
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fred

Re: Smartphone compatibility.

Post by Fred »

globetrotterdk wrote:
What is the LM policy on making the user experience problem free in the mobile phone area?
Actually, that is a very good question but is probably directed to the wrong developers. Mint is pretty much locked in to what is inherited from Ubuntu in this area. It would be a good question to ask in the Ubuntu forums.

Fred

Return to “Beginner Questions”