Mint 6 KDE rc1 and K9Copy

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kage

Mint 6 KDE rc1 and K9Copy

Post by kage »

Hi there,

So far (one week since install) iḿ very surprised by the stabillity of this RC. There are however a few things that do not work out of the box.
One problem is K9Copy.
When i rip a dvd and want to have an .iso as output everthing is fine untill the rip has ended and the process of making an iso is started. It stops right away and states that the dvd was burned properly and the programs halts as if everything was done what had to be done.
In the default dir of k9copy i find the vob files and everything to make a dvd but i want an iso to store and play with vlc.
I have this problem on both my desktop and notebook.

Does anybody have the same problem or knows a solution?

Thnx in advance

kage
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Mint 6 KDE rc1 and K9Copy

Post by Husse »

What I have found is never have spaces in the name of the ISO
kage

Post by kage »

Husse wrote:What I have found is never have spaces in the name of the ISO
Thnx for your reply.
I 've noticed that and thats what i always did (no spaces in the name) . In Mint 5 k9copy works as it should work and produces an iso based on the vob files that were ripped.

I don't get an error message. and thats so strange

kage
Husse

Post by Husse »

hmmm
Open k9copy from the terminal and see if you get some error messages
It is k9copy - all minor
kage

Post by kage »

Husse wrote:hmmm
Open k9copy from the terminal and see if you get some error messages
It is k9copy - all minor
Hi Husse

You are right. I get the following error message:

I told k9copy to rip a dvd and make an iso called TheGathering and write that to "Video's" (that's the folder that was made by default in dutch)

" /bin/sh -c genisoimage -gui -graft-points -volid VIDEO_TS -appid k9copy -volset-size 1 -volset-seqno 1 -no-cache-inodes -udf -iso-level 1 -dvd-video -o /home/linux/Video's/TheGathering.iso /tmp/kde-linux/k9copy/dvd"
"/bin/sh: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string

But i do not know what it says. Do you?

Greetz
kage
Husse

Post by Husse »

Yes I do
That means that somewhere there's a string that should have quotation marks but only has the first - like this
"stringstring
should be
"stringstring"
But as we are not told on which line it can be hard to find where the error is
kage

Solved Re: Mint 6 KDE rc1 and K9Copy

Post by kage »

Husse wrote:Yes I do
That means that somewhere there's a string that should have quotation marks but only has the first - like this
"stringstring
should be
"stringstring"
But as we are not told on which line it can be hard to find where the error is
Thnx a lot Husse

Thnx to your last reply i found the problem. The default folder is called Video's. So there's a quotation in it. In the string this ( ' ) is recognized as ( " ).
By changing the folders name to Videos everything's fine and thereś a nice iso produced!

Thnx a lot for your help

kage
Husse

Post by Husse »

I saw it! But "the coin did not fall down" to directly translate a swedish expression
' and " have a magic relation :)
You can use ' inside " or " inside ' in case you need nested quoted strings or whatnot in most script languages

Return to “Software & Applications”