internet radio?

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Fred

Re: internet radio?

Post by Fred »

rn2001,

Amarok works just fine for me. In fact I am listening to an "oldies but goodies" station as we speak. :-)

I am using KDE but there are players in Gnome that will do the same thing.

Fred
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
badmotor

Post by badmotor »

Rhythmbox will do it in Gnome (Main edition of Linux Mint).
rivenought

Post by rivenought »

Rhythmbox is what I use to listen to Internet radio stations. I have a short list of my favorite 58 stations right now. Rhythmbox comes preloaded with a few stations to get everyone started. You probably already have your list of favorite feeds, and they can be quickly and easily added into your menu.
wyldekey
Level 3
Level 3

Post by wyldekey »

I use RealPlayer. I went to shoutcast.com and downloaded lots of stream links to an Internet Radio folder I created in /home. Then open them in RealPlayer and add to Favorites. Works great. (It's the only thing I use RealPlayer for, really). I've also used Rhythmbox.
We're inevitably imprisoned by what we believe.
distoaddict

Post by distoaddict »

Shoutcast is terrific. try also streamtuner-tunapie and also VLC has that capability.
locutus
Level 4
Level 4

Post by locutus »

If you have specific stations in mind, it might be a problem of Firefox not knowing how to play it. You can either search Synaptic for "mozilla" and add mozilla-kaffeine to get kaffeine working, or go to addons.mozilla.org and add the extension "mediaplayerconnectivity"
Resistance [to Linux] is futile.

Return to “Beginner Questions”