Question about Thunar features

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
k0tuk

Question about Thunar features

Post by k0tuk »

Hi!

I`ve switched to Linux Mint 6 from 5th version month ago and installed XFCE4 there ( because of a bug with Nvidia Drivers, which made all the eye-candy crippled in Gnome ). Everything works ok at the moment, and i`m slowly configuring all the stuff i need for my everyday life. I got used to Thunar, but there is one thing that annoys me a bit - Thunar doesn`t auto-refresh the contents of the folders. For example: My friend sends me 20 pictures by skype. I open the folder before the transfer finishes and start viewing pictures. To get the newly transferred pictures show up in that folder i have to change to another folder and than get back so that Thunar reads the data in that directory again. So i am wondering - is there something i need to configure in Thunar, or maybe there is a plugin available for this feature? I`ve tried to google for it, but never found anything.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Question about Thunar features

Post by Husse »

Might be a bug from what I find
F5 should work - or?
Will move this to the xfce forum better chance of help there
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

Thunar has mouse gestures.
Not sure if it'll recreate the thumbnails, but click and hold the scroll wheel, on the mouse, then move down to refresh.
Maybe the newer version in Jaunty will fix this problem.
k0tuk

Post by k0tuk »

Thanks! Both your methods work, so i guess i`ll be able to survive now :lol:

Return to “Xfce”