Accidentally lost main menu icon

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kansasnoob

Re: Accidentally lost main menu icon

Post by kansasnoob »

Right click the panel (system tray), and click add. Find the menu icon and add it to the panel.

You may have to right click many "panel objects" and select "unlock" and then "move" so you can get things where you want them.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Gazler

Post by Gazler »

gconf-editor
Apps->panel->objects. Its one of the objects (object_0, object_1, etc.)...it varies. Click the "use_custom_icon" checkbox then go up to "custom_icon". Right click "custom_icon" and the then click "edit key". enter the path of the icon that you want to use.

Cheers,
Gazler.
pluraldave

Post by pluraldave »

rsty wrote: file:///usr/share/icons/Mint-Green/22x22/places/start-here.png
Which version are you using? Mine works with

Code: Select all

/usr/share/icons/LinuxMint/24x24/places/start-here.png
but only if I copy and paste it into the box. Typing it out doesn't seem to work.
Last edited by pluraldave on Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pluraldave

Post by pluraldave »

See above edit about copy+pasting. Also I assume you're only typing one / before the usr not the 3?
pluraldave

Post by pluraldave »

Use the LM5 address you originally posted but with only one /. Mine is for LM6.

I.e.

Code: Select all

/usr/share/icons/Mint-Green/22x22/places/start-here.png

Return to “Beginner Questions”