Reinstallation Options

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
distoaddict

Re: Reinstallation Options

Post by distoaddict »

depends on whether you used mint4win or installed on a separate partition.can you boot into xp?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
distoaddict

Post by distoaddict »

no.you will be ok to reinstall without touching your windows partition i'm sure.what confused me (which doesn't take much) was your mention of add/remove programs.sorry.mint4win is on felicia but not on previous versions ie elyssa. still it would be a good idea to back up your stuff.
distoaddict

Post by distoaddict »

could you run from the live cd gparted partition editor and post a screenshot of your hdd layout
distoaddict

Post by distoaddict »

if it looks like this --yes
Aging Technogeek

Post by Aging Technogeek »

wbee:

When you put the live CD in and tried to boot from it did you reset the bios boot order to boot from CD first? I sounds like you are booting from the hard disk into XP and being presented with different options to install via Mint4win.

When you boot from the live CD, the Mint desktop should come up. From there you can start the Mint installer.
dlkreations

Post by dlkreations »

Is this a desktop or laptop? Also, is this system a home built or something along the lines of Dell, HP, etc.?

Sometimes, depending on the system you could hit F10 or F12 during POST to give you a boot menu where you can choose to boot from the CD/DVD drive or from hard disk, USB etc.

If nothing else, hit the Delete key during POST to go into your BIOS and choose your first boot option, and change to CD/DVD.

It's obvious that you got it on there before. Why are you having trouble booting from the CD now? Unless you had someone else do this for you.

Return to “Installation & Boot”