Problems with Samba fusesmb

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Arron

Problems with Samba fusesmb

Post by Arron »

Im using the fusesmb, default with Mint XFCE 6. When I browse i get errors as i browse around the folders, and I cant play any media. Most of the time after an error the "Network" folder disappear in my home folder and i need to reboot to get it back.

Is anyone else having problems with it?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
joeham

Re: Problems with Samba fusesmb

Post by joeham »

Did you fill in the setup part of the fusesmb screen?

I have problems like this if I don't fill in the user and global password correctly. Some windows machines setup sharing with no password and guest user and some need to have a specific user and password to gain access.

I am running Windows now so I can't tell you the exact screens.
Arron

Post by Arron »

I have set the settings, reset and tried again.

The error i get is:

Failed to open directory "Movies".
Software caused connection abort.

Then the network folder disappears till reboot. As well i cant play media files. There is no user settings on the shares, just open shared folders on a Mint 5 xfce box.

Can anyone help?
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

Same problem here - this was not a problem in Mint 5, so I see it as specific to this version.

[Ramblings]
This is not the only problem in version 6, I'm actually consider to roll back to version 5, the current version inherited too many problems from *buntu...
[/Ramblings]
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
Arron

Post by Arron »

bump

Any updates on this? Is there any alternative way to browse the network and use the files on it right now, what does mint flux use? The mount did work for me, but I just change from a few different wifi networks and makes it a pain.

Return to “Xfce”