Edit the "Places" in the Mint Menu

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Berrex

Edit the "Places" in the Mint Menu

Post by Berrex »

Hey you guys. I was just wondering if there's any way to edit the folders listed under "Places" in the Mint Menu. I've bookmarked a few folders, like Pictures, Music, etc., and they show up under Bookmarks in the standard menu, but I would really like to use the Mint Menu. However, these folders do not show up under Places in the Mint Menu, and there doesn't seem to be any apparent way to edit what shows up here... So that said, what are my options, if any?

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Edit the "Places" in the Mint Menu

Post by Husse »

The places and system section of mintMenu can't be changed (well of course if you know a lot of Python.... :))
But you can add to the other sections
Berrex

Re: Edit the "Places" in the Mint Menu

Post by Berrex »

Oh, well that's rather unfortunate.

Thanks.

Return to “Beginner Questions”