my bottom toolbar has been removed.......solved........

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
highmind86

my bottom toolbar has been removed.......solved........

Post by highmind86 »

first sorry for the bad English
second I opened panel manager & I don't know what I did but the bottom toolbar has been removed completely and now my desktop without any toolbar which contain the clock and the update and etc..
sooo could any one help me out to restore the toolbar again
by the way........I'm completely new linux user
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
distoaddict

Re: my bottom toolbar has been removed

Post by distoaddict »

do you have a panel on the bottom of your screen with menu or is it completely blank?
EDIT
i also refer this to you http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=23247 which might be similar.
highmind86

Post by highmind86 »

no it's completely removed
distoaddict

Post by distoaddict »

i know this has happened before and has occurred with me also thats why i have a top panel as well as the bottom panel as i can create a new one if needed.are you using felicia main or felicia XFCE?
joeham

Post by joeham »

It might not bring back the original but you can modify the panels thru, settings>settings manager>panel. You can control the placement and display of the 2 Xfce panels. If you need to rebuild them you make them visible then right click and add item. You can put what you want on the panels.

What I usually do with a new distro is look at the various items on the panels and right click properties on the existing items and learn what they are called and how they are set up. Then if they get screwed up, I can fix them up or add them back. Once you have done it a few times, you will find it quite easy.
highmind86

Post by highmind86 »

distoaddict wrote:i know this has happened before and has occurred with me also thats why i have a top panel as well as the bottom panel as i can create a new one if needed.are you using felicia main or felicia XFCE?
thank you for your reply
highmind86

Post by highmind86 »

joeham wrote:It might not bring back the original but you can modify the panels thru, settings>settings manager>panel. You can control the placement and display of the 2 Xfce panels. If you need to rebuild them you make them visible then right click and add item. You can put what you want on the panels.

What I usually do with a new distro is look at the various items on the panels and right click properties on the existing items and learn what they are called and how they are set up. Then if they get screwed up, I can fix them up or add them back. Once you have done it a few times, you will find it quite easy.
thank you so much that was really helpful .

Return to “Xfce”