how to install themes(solved)

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pluraldave

Re: how to install themes

Post by pluraldave »

LM6 Felicia Mian edition?

They have to be tar.gz I think. When the theme hasn't been packed in the right format you usually have to either extract and repack it in the right format or extract it into your /usr/share/themes folder. Sometimes the archive you download will have multiple themes inside it and you have to unpack and then install the theme(s) you want. You generally have to work out what you're supposed to do with each theme as you download it as it depends what the author has done with it. If you post the link to the theme(s) you're trying to install someone should be able to tell you what needs doing with it.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Kaye

Re: how to install themes

Post by Kaye »

If you're using the main version of Felicia and you want to install full themes, make sure they're GTK2+ themes. Main runs using Gnome desktop, and you have been trying to use KDE themes (KDE is another desktop that some Linux distros use).
Kaye

Re: how to install themes(solved)

Post by Kaye »

I did the same thing when I first installed Mint :p I think it's a pretty common confusion. Glad you got it working.

-Kaye

Return to “Beginner Questions”