Moving e-mails & Addresses.

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mipcar

Moving e-mails & Addresses.

Post by mipcar »

I want to take copies of e-mails and mail addresses residing on Thunderbird on my Linux machine.
Will I find a file under a recognizable name that contains them and then be able to transfer them to a USB stick?

Since re-setting my wireless router I can no longer get online with my Linux machine. I'll get that sorted but more immediately in time need the addresses and e-mails.

Mychael
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DataMan

Re: Moving e-mails & Addresses.

Post by DataMan »

To off-load your addresses from T-Bird:

Tools -> Addresses -> Tools ->Export

DataMan
mipcar

Post by mipcar »

Thanks D man.

Mike
rivenought

Post by rivenought »

Also, if you want to take everything with you, there is a hidden .mozilla-thunderbird folder you might like to copy. I t will have your preferences, addresses, email accounts, and emails in it.
mipcar

Post by mipcar »

rivenought wrote:Also, if you want to take everything with you, there is a hidden .mozilla-thunderbird folder you might like to copy. I t will have your preferences, addresses, email accounts, and emails in it.
So is that a lesson for me,, to find it.. lol.. If it's hidden , where might I look? :shock:

Mike
rivenought

Post by rivenought »

Open your /home folder. You are now in Nautilus / File manager. Click on View and then Show Hidden Files (Ctrl+H). You will then see all the hidden settings for your applications. You can find your way around in there at this point. Have fun.

Return to “Beginner Questions”