Edit:Tool-tips issue [SOLVED]

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Hepburn

Edit:Tool-tips issue [SOLVED]

Post by Hepburn »

Ok, as the subject suggests, there probably is a name for what I'll be referring to, but I'm having a blonde moment right now! :roll:

I've just upgraded to Felicia x64, which I'm liking lots (usual Flash issues, but there we are), and got all the Compiz bits and pieces set up. Then I noticed that when the cursor is hovering over something, e.g. an icon on the taskbar or MintMenu (or the list of smilies on my right as I'm typing this!), the block that flashes up with a description etc is solid black. Disabling Compiz doesn't seem to do anything. I'm also using Emerald.

Any ideas? Or at least the name for the description-thing that pops up? :lol:

Hepburn
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Old Marcus

Re: I'd have an appropriate topic name, if I knew what it was...

Post by Old Marcus »

Could your theme of choice be the problem? Try using the default theme and see what happens, otherwise, I haven't a clue.
Hepburn

Post by Hepburn »

Haha yep, that may have something to do with it! (I have an evil head cold right now, so that's my excuse for my brain not functioning... :roll: )

I switched to GTK, changed the theme, then back to Emerald, which automatically loaded the 'Human' theme but strangely kept bits of the GTK one.... I can read stuff now though! For some reason the original problem didn't occur in Opera or aMSN. I think I may have to fiddle about with the settings some more - when I'm lucid!

Thanks!
Hepburn
Husse

Post by Husse »

Or at least the name for the description-thing that pops up?
tool-tip :)
I think it's a theme thing
Hepburn

Post by Hepburn »

Thanks Husse :D

Return to “Beginner Questions”