Sources

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AndyP79

Sources

Post by AndyP79 »

Hi All,
Okay, maybe I am blind, but where is the sources, repository or whatever it is that you call?
In Ubuntu, where I am migrating from, it was in the menu somewhere, and you could go in and add repositorys to it, but in Mint??????
This should be an easy one........hopefully.......
Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AndyP79

Re: Sources

Post by AndyP79 »

Cool, Thank You very much
AndyP79

Post by AndyP79 »

Okay, second part....
I installed, got it in the menu, restarted the computer, opened the menu, clicked on it, it asked for the password, and..........nothing. The program did not start?? Now what?

Thanks
garda

Post by garda »

The software does not work with Felicia. You have to uninstall it and use Synaptic's 'vanilla' repositories list editor or create a shortcut to this command:

Code: Select all

gksu gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
AndyP79

Post by AndyP79 »

garda wrote:The software does not work with Felicia. You have to uninstall it and use Synaptic's 'vanilla' repositories list editor or create a shortcut to this command:

Code: Select all

gksu gedit /etc/apt/sources.list

What do you mean "vanilla" repos? and when when you say "or create a shortcut" what do you mean? I already have it in the menu, it just does not launch. Can you clear this up a little for me please?
garda

Post by garda »

software-properties-gtk does not work with Felicia, you have to uninstall it.

Synaptic (Package Manager) > Settings > Repositories is the vanilla repository list editor. I do not know how to simplify 'create a shortcut'. You see 'Create launcher...' when you right-click on your desktop, right?
AndyP79

Post by AndyP79 »

Okay, so I did all this. I checked off the extra ones in the repos, and most, not all, failed? Why is that? Is this a bug? Or something that I have to do somewhere else?

Return to “Beginner Questions”