I'm in love with Bianca

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Code Dog
Level 1
Level 1

I'm in love with Bianca

Post by Code Dog »

I didn't see an introduction topic or missed it. So I'll say hi to every one here.

I've been running at least one linux box since Corel Linus 1. Had Mandrake for 4 years, Suse 10.2, Slack, Mepis, FreeSpire, Ubuntu fiesty, and many more. I'd like to say how much I love this distro from start to finish. Looks, feel function software extras and on and on and on. What an outstanding collection, cudos to the team, outstanding work.

I have written and sold custom apps for Windows in VB3/4/5/6 and Borland C++ and still write code at work. I have a feel for what it takes to make things come together and this distro is a 10 in my book. I'm hooked. :D

Install was straight forward, easy and worked perfect first time. My hardware isn't cutting edge but not really old. AMD Athlon with Barton core, dvd burner, 512 meg ram, Radeon video card, viewsonic 19" wide screen and wireless mouse/keyboard combo, on-board sound and network. Everything was found by the install and worked first try.

The only thing I would like to see is the video capability to be the same as a KDE install. Monitor is native 1440 x 900 and that's not an option with any Gnome desktop I've installed. It maxed out at 1280 x 1024. Just selected a 1.6:1 option and it looks great.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by NiksaVel »

Welcome to the minty community! :D
Windows is extremely fast after a fresh install. If you want to make it stay that way: - don't use it.
-Clem

Return to “Installation & Boot”