gstreamer problem, totem fails to launch

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
k0tuk

gstreamer problem, totem fails to launch

Post by k0tuk »

I`ve been trying to install subtitleeditor, and he asked me to install gstreamer and it`s plugins. so i installed them, but after compiling and install subtitleeditor, it couldn`t lunch any files, saying that it is gstreamer`s plugin`s problem. So i decided to reinstall them, and after reinstall i cannot launch Totem and Decibel Audio Player any more. Totem says:

Code: Select all

** (totem:8856): DEBUG: Init of Python module
** (totem:8856): DEBUG: Registering Python plugin instance: YouTube+TotemPythonPlugin
** (totem:8856): DEBUG: Creating object of type YouTube+TotemPythonPlugin
** (totem:8856): DEBUG: Creating Python plugin instance

** (totem:8856): WARNING **: Failed to create dbus proxy for org.gnome.SettingsDaemon: Could not get owner of name 'org.gnome.SettingsDaemon': no such name
** (totem:8856): DEBUG: Init of Python module
totem: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gst-0.10/gst/_gst.so: undefined symbol: gst_control_source_get_type
and Decibel says:

Code: Select all

python: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/gst-0.10/gst/_gst.so: undefined symbol: gst_control_source_get_type
Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. i`m not sure if something else doesn`t work too. I know that VLC still plays movies.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
k0tuk

Re: gstreamer problem, totem fails to launch

Post by k0tuk »

Yes, this is me :))
k0tuk

Post by k0tuk »

btw, i posted a bug on gstreamer`s bugzilla, here it is: http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=576359

they said it`s probably distribution`s issue :(
Husse

Post by Husse »

Unfortunately that was about as far as I got
Can you live with the remaining error?
k0tuk

Post by k0tuk »

Husse wrote:Unfortunately that was about as far as I got
Can you live with the remaining error?
Well yeah, i now have Totem running and i use Audacious as my music player, so i guess i`ll be fine... But the main question is, are there any other programs affected by this error? :roll: I don`t know... Or is it possible that some other software i`ll install in the future won`t work because of this glitch? :?:
Husse

Post by Husse »

It will be restricted to gstreamer (and possibly but not likely somthing that depends on gstreamer) so there's no big risk
If I had more time I'd try to find you a solution
k0tuk

Post by k0tuk »

Husse wrote:It will be restricted to gstreamer (and possibly but not likely somthing that depends on gstreamer) so there's no big risk
If I had more time I'd try to find you a solution
Ok, so i hope it won`t a pain in the ass for me :) Big thanx for your reply! My belief in Linux is growing strong :)

P.S. if someday you`ll have some free time, it would be nice if you`d find a solution :oops: :mrgreen:

Return to “Software & Applications”