Which ISO i have to Download for my Laptop?

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Aging Technogeek

Re: Which ISO i have to Download for my Laptop?

Post by Aging Technogeek »

itslucky:

Either will work on most computers. You might have some trouble installing. 512 Meg is a little bit marginal. You may have to try several times before you get a good install: then again, the first try may go smoothly.

The main edition includes codecs for DVD players and other devices that are covered by software copyrights in countries where software copyrights are recognized. The universal edition does not include these items (if you want them you must download them yourself). That is the only major difference between the main and universal versions - so choose either one you wish and welcome to Linux Mint. I think you'll like it here.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
AK Dave

Post by AK Dave »

I recommend the Main edition, unless you have a specific reason to choose the Universal edition instead.
Fred

Post by Fred »

Yeah, what Dave said. :-)

Fred
lexon

Post by lexon »

I have a wireless laptop with about the same specs but 1256mb ram. Mint 6 Main Edition works just fine and the DVD reader shows DVD movies just fine. I love it.
The only issue I have is I cannot get 1024 x 768 resolution but I have a work around each time I use the laptop. Something to do with the video chip characteristics that I cannot solve.

lexon

Return to “Installation & Boot”