Audacity 1.3.5 beta playback has no sound SOLVED

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mscatamaran

Audacity 1.3.5 beta playback has no sound SOLVED

Post by mscatamaran »

other applications play my files but I'm trying to edit them therefore I need to hear them and it wont.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mscatamaran

Re: Audacity 1.3.5 beta playback has no sound

Post by mscatamaran »

tried it nothing. Oh by the way, I'm using Felicia on a dell inspiron 1521 laptop
mscatamaran

Post by mscatamaran »

i installed the beta so how do i get the 1.2 version for Linux mint? also new to linux, how do i install it?
alun_sundry

Post by alun_sundry »

I found the earlier version easily enough, clicking a few links from audacity.sourceforge.net, but it seems a hassle to manually install the depended-upon other files so I'm 'bearing with' the latest beta. I'm not having the same faults as you, but it's not stable. I can use the program, but I'd be quite wounded if I didn't get to save work before a very frequent crash. I've changed to different audio drivers with my Toshiba laptop (there's a choice of five), via the Mint volume control, and depending on what combo of output and input driver I'm using both my USB mic and normal mic and my speakers/ headphones work. It's just a bit too fiddly having to experiment, they really need to get these things working before they're pushed as the new product, it gives Linux a bad name.

I think it would be a good policy to exclude all beta software from the repositaries where there is a stable version available. The other one that bugs me is Picasa, I have to keep manually deselecting it during updates.

Return to “Software & Applications”