Converting Audio Files For Car Stereo...

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Gunmetal_Ghoul

Converting Audio Files For Car Stereo...

Post by Gunmetal_Ghoul »

My car stereo doesn't have MP3 compatibility and I would like to convert my music. What program can I use and into what format am I looking to convert for burning in a disc and playing in my car?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MissileCop
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Converting Audio Files For Car Stereo...

Post by MissileCop »

Use Brasero (comes with Mint)

It'll automatically convert your mp3 files to WAV files, when it's burning the cd. I've done plenty with mine, and have had no problems.
Gunmetal_Ghoul

Post by Gunmetal_Ghoul »

If I used WAV files how many songs can I fit into 1 CD? Is there anything a bit lighter that would fit more songs and still be compatible with my car stereo?
AK Dave

Post by AK Dave »

Just get a CD player for your car that supports MP3. Bought a Sony unit at Best Buy for <$100, and that was three years ago. Or for <$100 you can have a nice MP3 player and put the audio into an AUX jack on the stereo or in some parts of the country those FM radio thingies work pretty well.
DataMan

Post by DataMan »

You can do an audio project in k3b starting out as mp3 files. Works well and it is pretty intuitive.

DataMan
AK Dave

Post by AK Dave »

The big problem with this is that you want to take a lossy media, MP3, which was itself created from a lossless media, WAV, and turn it backwards. You won't get "CD quality" out of this, but you may get "CD sized files" out of this.

A CD holds, typically, 70 minutes of music in its format. The process of taking your MP3 files and putting them "back on CD" will give you sub-par quality, but may not actually give you more than 70 minutes of audio per CD. Whereas in MP3 format, you might have 700 minutes of audio on a CD.
dlkreations

Post by dlkreations »

Gunmetal_Ghoul wrote:If I used WAV files how many songs can I fit into 1 CD? Is there anything a bit lighter that would fit more songs and still be compatible with my car stereo?
Depending on the length of the songs, you can usually get between 15 to 20 tracks on one disc.
rdonnelly
Level 5
Level 5

Post by rdonnelly »

Great, a simple search for "K3B" answered my question!
Using Mint since 2008
*Mint 18.2 KDE
*ASUS 970 PRO GAMING/AURA AM3+ AMD 970 + SB 950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1
*AMD FX-8370 with AMD Wraith cooler Vishera 8-Core 4.0 GHz (4.3 GHz Turbo)
*G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 SDRAM
*nVIDIA GEFORCE GT 610 2GB

Return to “Sound”