trying stuff out and now cleaning up. and mounting woes

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
antemon

trying stuff out and now cleaning up. and mounting woes

Post by antemon »

these are just minor things but I do wish to cleanup.

first up I installed ffmpeg, video was stuttering in some AVIs and MKVs (which turns out I just had to disable 3d <_< )
the way I played the files was rightclick, open with then typed in ffplay. It playes, still stuttered. Uninstalled but the word "ffplay" was still in the Open With

The other, flash had the habit of making the flash window, like on youtube, go all white if I switched windows often. I thought it was a firefox thing and since I wanted Chrome... anywho, didn't work at all. I uninstalled both windows firefox (since the site didn't allow me to download natively in mint) and chrome. However, both programs are still in my wine list, even after I uninstalled them

and about mounting.
EDIT:
I'm tinkering this one right now with the help of Fred
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fred

Re: trying stuff out and now cleaning up. and mounting woes

Post by Fred »

antemon,

If you had looked at my post in your other HDD mounting thread, and followed the link you would have seen that your mounting lines aren't correct in your fstab file. You also have a potential permission problem when mounting in /media.

Fred
antemon

Post by antemon »

Fred wrote:antemon,

If you had looked at my post in your other HDD mounting thread, and followed the link you would have seen that your mounting lines aren't correct in your fstab file. You also have a potential permission problem when mounting in /media.

Fred
Sorry 'bout that, Fred. I'm actually in the middle of cleaning up fstab. I read your reply after I made this thread. Editing post.
antemon

Post by antemon »

BUMP
can anyone help me with the other two?

and... I've fixed my HDD mounting thingy, though I've left the default / and swap lines untouched. I don't want to mess things up right now if I make a mistake.
gibbs1984
Level 5
Level 5

Post by gibbs1984 »

However, both programs are still in my wine list, even after I uninstalled them
If your right click the Mint Menu button and select Edit Menu then you can untick the programs you don't want to see in the Wine list, sort of a work around.
Linux Mint 20.3 (Cinnamon) 64bit.
antemon

Post by antemon »

thank you very much to the both of you.

on the mint menu though, I hit revert and that did the trick.

Return to “Beginner Questions”