dual boot want to delete newer mint keeping old,(solved)

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fleamailman

dual boot want to delete newer mint keeping old,(solved)

Post by fleamailman »

Ok, all my passwords and stuff are in the old version d(Daryna) and is perfect for these two old laptops, both are dual boot mint/mint, so my two goals are:

1) on the first computer, I would like to uninstall the newer version of mint, as it seems to freeze from time to time while on the Internet, while also the streaming stops after 10 seconds. = delete e version mint installed, keep d version

2) I have another laptop with the latest version of Mint, same stream problem at this point, but there I would like to transfer the old system to the new, and not just my bookmarks as offered, but my passwords for site too. = delete d version mint installed, keep f version

(anyway, I love mint btw have gnome solved the problem of having a difference background picture for background then, I loved that under kubuntu but Mint is just so much easier to install being all prebundled)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
shane
Level 5
Level 5

Re: dual boot want to delete newer mint keeping old

Post by shane »

It seems like the main thing you want to preserve is things related to firefox (bookmarks, saved passwords, etc). The easiest way to do this is make a backup of the ~/.mozilla directory and restore it (copy it back) once you're done installing.
fleamailman

Post by fleamailman »

thanks, I did exactly that today as a friend showed me how to do it, I now have all my old laptops with everything nicely synchronized,
shane
Level 5
Level 5

Post by shane »

Please mark the title of this thread as solved by adding [SOLVED] at the end of it.

Return to “Installation & Boot”