Bittorrent client

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Milutin

Bittorrent client

Post by Milutin »

I have noticed a strange issue with BitTorrent Client:
When it downloads the maximal connection is 19 of 45 connected peers and 13 KB/s

Than I noticed that whenever system is checking for the updates the download rate of BitTorrent goes up:
connection is 19 of 45 connected peers and 45 KB/s

starnge :shock: :?:

Any advice how to increase download?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
fwc

Re: Bittorrent client

Post by fwc »

sounds fishy, are you sure its not a issue with your ISP?
Milutin

Post by Milutin »

I am quite sure - since the downloading torrents from windowsXP never goes under 65kb/s

Also when I manually initiate mint-update check the rate of BitTorrent goes up

I have cable Internet connection with 512kb/s

But if you thing that it could be my ISP - is there any way to check that?
Milutin

Post by Milutin »

Again me, additional info:
When I go to the info of the torrent that is downloading it states following:

Downloaded 2.2GB
Uploaded 4.6GB

it seams that I am grate source but my download does not goes that well. :shock: :twisted:
rbanavara

Post by rbanavara »

check the upload speed, if you find your upload speed is greater than download speed, you can limit the uload speed for that torrent. In Transmission (the default torrent client in mint), double click on torrent to open properties and on the last tab, you can limit upload / down load speeds. There enable upload limit and set a values (I normally limit it to the current download speed I have).

Also if you are using mint6, you may have to open the port on which torrent client is listening. Just to ensure there is not port issues, if you are using transmission, on teh help menu, click on the fist item (some log..) and see the it says port is opened (you may have to go through lines of messges).

Return to “Software & Applications”