FIREFOX Trouble

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
emorrp1

Re: FIREFOX Trouble

Post by emorrp1 »

Hi, not quite sure exactly what you mean, could you post a screenshot? However if it's the same problem I've had in the past, holding down alt will allow to click and drag anywhere in the window so you can hopefully drag the top bar back into view.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

Hit F11
JohnH
Level 4
Level 4

Post by JohnH »

Hi there youdkelon

You can fix the problem by going into your Compiz Settings Manager (this is found in Control Center or on the optional compiz icon - downloadable from Synaptic).

Once in the Settings Manager, click on the "Workarounds" icon in the "Utility" section of the menu. Having clicked on the Workarounds icon you will get a list of options you can choose to select or unselect by putting a check in the box. Choose "Legacy full screen support" (at the top of the list) and uncheck the box. This will fix it for you.

This is a firefox regression that has crept back into the latest version.

Regards
John
If you get too big for your britches, you will be exposed in the end.
emorrp1

Post by emorrp1 »

There's a font config tool, I think it's under appearance settings, where you can turn on "anti-aliasing", which I think is what you're after
JohnH
Level 4
Level 4

Post by JohnH »

Dan,

The fonts can be improved, but it is up to you to fiddle with them to get what you like. this is governed by a number of factors.

1) what fonts you have loaded
2) The theme you are running
3) Your preferences

You can find the fonts in FF Edit > Preferences > Content > Advanced .

Here are my settings:
Proportional: serif Size = 14
Serif: DejaVu Serif
Sans: DejaVu Sans
Monospace: Courier New 12

My current theme is Camifox. I prefer the Aero themes but they have a rendering problem with the Forecast Fox I like to run in the bottom bar.

Hope this helps.

John
If you get too big for your britches, you will be exposed in the end.

Return to “Software & Applications”