Showstopping Bugs KDE-rc1

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Showstopping Bugs KDE-rc1

Post by grimdestripador »

Bug reports:
I have trouble during installation with downloading language updates. When I click shutdown, it informs me of other sessions active. I click close. It shutsdown. Boot up, grub is really /dev/sdd5 not /dev/sda5 as it defaulted.

On sucessfull boot, wigets that contain webpages like comic and whether/temps crash desktop to white, then reload ofter some seconds.

I have nvidia 8800GS. and attempt to install 177 drivers using the hardware restricted drivers update. This goes no where; sitting idle for hours, and retrying does not help.
I instead

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install nvidia-glx-177 nvidia-settings
sudo nvidia-xconfig
sudo nvidia-settings
sudo reboot
Now I try desktop effect. It goes nowhere also. When using apt-get it reports that i need plasma2 installed.

sudo apt-get install compiz-kde
bla bla blaa need plasma2 random library....
I try with

sudo apt-get install plasma3
and no fix, still not with the desktop wigets (which i believe is what plasma is for)

Please address these issues. They are show stoppers for most. I still can't get compiz installed because of dependencies with plasma2
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Steely

Re: Showstopping Bugs KDE-rc1

Post by Steely »

Hi

For compiz try going to System Settings > Default Applications > window manager and change it to compiz instead of the default kwin.

hth

Dale
grimdestripador
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Showstopping Bugs KDE-rc1

Post by grimdestripador »

hey, even though the install is broken, i got my compiz. YEAH!!!

Return to “Software & Applications”