Personal Time Keeping Software

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kwisher

Personal Time Keeping Software

Post by kwisher »

I believe I once read a post on here some time ago about a Linux application for personal time tracking. I'd like to be able to use this app for logging hours on projects at home & work. Can someone provide a suggestion?

TIA
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DataMan

Re: Personal Time Keeping Software

Post by DataMan »

Here's a couple that I ran across (I don't use any of them). Hopefully, one of them will fulfill your needs (they're all in the repositories).

TAGLOG
GPE-TIMESHEET
GTIMER

DataMan
Habitual

Re: Personal Time Keeping Software

Post by Habitual »

kwisher wrote:I believe I once read a post on here some time ago about a Linux application for personal time tracking. I'd like to be able to use this app for logging hours on projects at home & work. Can someone provide a suggestion?

TIA
[url=http://www.taskcoach.org/features.html]taskcoach[/url]
Features include:
The desktop version of Task Coach (Windows, Mac, Linux, BSD) has the following features:
Creating, editing, and deleting tasks and subtasks.
Tasks have a subject, description, priority, start date, due date, a completion date and an optional reminder. Tasks can recur on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
Tasks can be viewed as a list or as a tree.
Tasks can be sorted by all task attributes, e.g. subject, budget, budget left, due date, etc.
Several filters to e.g. hide completed tasks or view only tasks that are due today.
Tasks can be created by dragging an e-mail message from a mail user agent (Outlook, Thunderbird, Claws Mail, Apple Mail) onto a task viewer.
Attachments can be added to tasks, notes, and categories by dragging and dropping files, e-mail messages, or URL's onto a task, note or category.
Task status depends on its subtask and vice versa. E.g. if you mark the last uncompleted subtask as completed, the parent task is automatically marked as completed too.
Tasks and notes can be assigned to user-defined categories.
Settings are persistent and saved automatically. The last opened file is loaded automatically when starting Task Coach.
Tracking time spent on tasks. Tasks can have a budget. Time spent can be viewed by individual effort period, by day, by week, and by month.
The Task Coach file format (.tsk) is XML.
Tasks, notes, effort, and categories can be exported to HTML and CSV (comma separated format). Effort can be exported to iCalendar/ICS format as well.
Tasks, effort, notes, and categories can be printed. When printing, Task Coach prints the information that is visible in the current view, including any filters and sort order.
Task Coach can be run from a removable medium.
Tasks and notes can be synchronized via a Funambol server such as My Funambol

I use it as my Timecard.
good stuff, Maynard.

Return to “Software & Applications”