Frostwire?

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ido
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ido »

Hi Sun Devil,

Check their site "http://www.frostwire.com."

The easy way...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Double click a .deb package - that's all you need to do.
Check in synaptics if the install was successful - if the only problem is a funny icon in the menu live with it or change it
900i
Level 6
Level 6

Post by 900i »

Frostwire needs Java
Desktop Core i7 Linux Mint 21.1 / Laptop Dell Precision M6400 Linux Mint 21.1
gabhla
Level 1
Level 1

Post by gabhla »

Hello. I tried and failed downloading the deb package. But what did work was to simply use automatrix to install Frostwire.
Husse

Post by Husse »

I want to learn how to script
What kind of scripting? :)
I think you should start out by googling (or yahooing) for the script language you're interested in + tutorial and start there
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Re: You Guys Rock!

Post by scorp123 »

Sun Devil wrote:what is the easiest to learn for a beginner and where can I find a tutorial?
Shell scripting. Simple and yet very powerful. From there on it's more or less easy to dive into more complex languages. If you continue to use Linux exclusively you sooner or later will have to learn shell scripting anyway. You are a Windows convert? Fine. Convert all 10'000 *.ICO files you have on your harddrive to the *.PNG format. Convert all 2000 Word *.DOC files you have to HTML. Convert all your *.BMP pictures to *.JPG ... These are all tasks that you would typically use a shell script for (who on Earth and in their right mind would want to convert 1000+ files by hand anyway??). You get what I mean: Search for "problems" like that and you will automatically start about thinking how you might solve such "problems".
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Frostwire?

Post by merlwiz79 »

Sun Devil wrote:Cheers All!
Under teh synpatic packages I look for frostwire but do not find it, how can I download it.
or
something similar
Thanks
Info on Frostwire Here
http://www.linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2112

Return to “Other topics”