Mint XFCE 6, I'm loving it!

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
marcus0263
Level 4
Level 4

Mint XFCE 6, I'm loving it!

Post by marcus0263 »

This by far has to be the best Mint release, I'm simply loving it. Strikes an excellent balance of efficient, speed, functionality and eye candy. My only wish is for a 64 Bit release, any chances of this happening? I'd love to run it on my main desktop, but for now I'm just going to have to enjoy it on my Laptop 8)

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Shuttle SX58
Intel i7 Gulftown Hex Core
G.Skill 16Gig 1333
OCS Vertex 2 SSD
Segate SATA II
Palit GeForce GTS 450
LMKDE 14 64Bit

Where Thought Crime is Committed
Reject the Herd
alfavictory
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Mint XFCE 6, I'm loving it!

Post by alfavictory »

+1
As soon as I get what I need (screen resolution, Wi-Fi) I am agree with you :D

Respect to developers!!! Waiting for version 7 :D
marcus0263
Level 4
Level 4

Post by marcus0263 »

alfavictory wrote:+1

:?: what do you mean, very easily with both
Shuttle SX58
G.Skill 16Gig 1333
OCS Vertex 2 SSD
Segate SATA II
Palit GeForce GTS 450
LMKDE 14 64Bit

Reject the Herd
alfavictory
Level 1
Level 1

Post by alfavictory »

marcus0263 wrote:
alfavictory wrote:+1

:?: what do you mean, very easily with both
Did I said that? I don't see any of this words in the quotation :o
MissileCop
Level 2
Level 2

Post by MissileCop »

marcus0263 wrote: My only wish is for a 64 Bit release, any chances of this happening? I'd love to run it on my main desktop, but for now I'm just going to have to enjoy it on my Laptop 8)
Marcus, check out the thread here; http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 54#p136954 , for your XFCE x64.

Spacecoyote wrote a script, removing Gnome, and installing XFCE on an x64 base. I took it for a spin a couple of weeks ago, and noted the few problems that I had (mine were easily remedied). Since installing, I've had no noticeable problems, and just made the Frankensteined Felicia XFCE :lol: my primary desktop.

While there's not a GREAT difference in speed, there IS a noticeable difference. At least on my machine, anyway. Bootup is noticeably quicker, and programs like Amarok and K3b are open and ready for use much sooner, than they were on my 32-bit Felicia XFCE.
marcus0263
Level 4
Level 4

Post by marcus0263 »

MissileCop wrote:
marcus0263 wrote: My only wish is for a 64 Bit release, any chances of this happening? I'd love to run it on my main desktop, but for now I'm just going to have to enjoy it on my Laptop 8)
Marcus, check out the thread here; http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 54#p136954 , for your XFCE x64.

Spacecoyote wrote a script, removing Gnome, and installing XFCE on an x64 base. I took it for a spin a couple of weeks ago, and noted the few problems that I had (mine were easily remedied). Since installing, I've had no noticeable problems, and just made the Frankensteined Felicia XFCE :lol: my primary desktop.

While there's not a GREAT difference in speed, there IS a noticeable difference. At least on my machine, anyway. Bootup is noticeably quicker, and programs like Amarok and K3b are open and ready for use much sooner, than they were on my 32-bit Felicia XFCE.
Cool Beans, I'll check it out 8)
Shuttle SX58
G.Skill 16Gig 1333
OCS Vertex 2 SSD
Segate SATA II
Palit GeForce GTS 450
LMKDE 14 64Bit

Reject the Herd
Deevad

Post by Deevad »

marcus0263 wrote: I'm simply loving it.
+1 with marcus0263 , I love it too. (nice screenshot )
Good job developers !
marcus0263
Level 4
Level 4

Post by marcus0263 »

Deevad wrote:
marcus0263 wrote: I'm simply loving it.
+1 with marcus0263 , I love it too. (nice screenshot )
Good job developers !
That's what I love about XFCE, it's clean and very functional. First thing I do is activate the "menu on right click" and remove the menu from the task bar. It's so much more "efficient" and easy to just right click anywhere on the desktop to get the menu. I then remove the icon's from the desktop and other busy work from the task bar. MintConfig rocks, very easy to configure Beryl for the eye candy and virtual desktops. I used Fluxbox as my desktop for a long time since Gnome was a bit to heavy, then KDE goes to even more extremes. When XFCE matured I started using that and really liked it. It's like Mint is to Linux, strikes an excellent balance of features and functionality without being "bloated". What can I say, Mint XFCE is just "Polished" 8)
Shuttle SX58
G.Skill 16Gig 1333
OCS Vertex 2 SSD
Segate SATA II
Palit GeForce GTS 450
LMKDE 14 64Bit

Reject the Herd

Return to “Xfce”