KDE 4.2 few issues

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
HeinzVoerbakje

KDE 4.2 few issues

Post by HeinzVoerbakje »

Hi Linux Mint KDE team,

I've got a few issues with the new Linux Mint KDE CE version.

1. Some icons within programs do not show, for example in compizconfig settings manager, see first attachment to this post.

2. Firefox does not properly show radio-buttons (at least I think that is how they are called), see second attachment. It makes the area around the button grey. It wasn't so when I didn't have compiz enabled.

I have the recommended NVidia drivers enabled (using EnvyNG): 173.14.12-1-0ubuntu5.1

3. KDE takes unusually long to shut down. When I push leave -> shut down it takes some fifteen seconds before something actually happens. How can I figure out what is taking so long to end?

Any clues anyone?

Thank you,

HeinzVoerbakje
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: KDE 4.2 few issues

Post by Husse »

No that's not radio buttons, it's ... oh ... eh... forgot what it's called :)
It's a problem with a theme
I think you have changed to a theme that is not quite to the liking of Mint KDE
I can't tell why it takes long to shut down - for that you have to provide more facts
Boo
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Boo »

for firefox install the kfirefox theme and set the KDE style to clearlooks.
compiz have not set or added the correct icons in its package.
KDE4 just does take a long time to shutdown, or appear to start to shutdown.

Boo
Now where was i going? Oh yes, crazy!
phoenixrising

Post by phoenixrising »

@Husse: They're called checkboxes, I think... :)

I have the same problem too. Will take Boo's suggestion and see if that takes care of it once I'm back home.
phoenixrising

Post by phoenixrising »

Changed the style to cleanlooks (as suggested) and I already have kfirefox installed -- but didn't help: same big and ugly checkboxes :(
bugchucker

Post by bugchucker »

You could try this theme: http://www.linuxmint-art.org/content/sh ... ent=103741

It's a bit of a pain to install but worth it. Be sure to read the setup instructions included in the tarball. It also has instructions on how to setup for apps run as root.
phoenixrising

Post by phoenixrising »

Thanks! Will report back on how it went...
GuiH

Post by GuiH »

KDE rocks xP
a beautiful theme, is the Oxygen.
Black and Green, perfect
plus meta_win_key as direct acess to K Menu, as we know.
Better than Kubuntu, like no other.
phoenixrising

Post by phoenixrising »

bugchucker wrote:You could try this theme: http://www.linuxmint-art.org/content/sh ... ent=103741

It's a bit of a pain to install but worth it. Be sure to read the setup instructions included in the tarball. It also has instructions on how to setup for apps run as root.
Thanks bugchucker -- I agree with you every bit -- Firefox and Thunderbird are looking much better now (particularly Gmail in Firefox) and the checkboxes are looking ok now...Thanks again!

Return to “Software & Applications”