Beryl killed some stuff...

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Beryl killed some stuff...

Post by NiksaVel »

Here is some stuff that Beryl killed after I installed it...

Suspend no longer works... actually it suspends okay, but returning from suspend no longer works, I just get a black screen with my mouse cursor and a box shaped part of screen is dostorted in colors and that's all... sometimes ctrl-alt-backspace works and I can relogin succesfully, BUT I have to reload windows manager for Beryl to work again, and sometimes it just freezes the comp.

Checkgmail icon in tray shows the lists of incoming mails, but it is no longer possible to click on any of the links there (i.e. mark read, delete etc)

Not sure, but I believe Amarok loaded a lot faster b4...

That's all for now :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Windows is extremely fast after a fresh install. If you want to make it stay that way: - don't use it.
-Clem
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

Which version of Beryl do you use?
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by NiksaVel »

the thing I got from repos :)

that's 0.2.0
Windows is extremely fast after a fresh install. If you want to make it stay that way: - don't use it.
-Clem
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by NiksaVel »

yes
-Clem
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

I run 0.2.1 here ... much much better than 0.2.0
NiksaVel
Level 5
Level 5

Post by NiksaVel »

I believe that when you enter new repos, the updater should offer to update your beryl...
-Clem
scorp123
Level 8
Level 8

Post by scorp123 »

Enter the new repos and then tell Synaptic to "install" Beryl and Emerald (again) ... it will notice that there is a newer version and update the old versions present in the system. Should work without troubles.

EDIT: Of course, you should do a "sudo apt-get update" after changing the repos or else Synaptic won't notice the new packages. :wink:

Return to “Software & Applications”