Desktop icon : double-click > single-click

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Deevad

Desktop icon : double-click > single-click

Post by Deevad »

Hello,

After a very enthusiast and successful install of Linux Mint 6 Xfce for my mother's wife on an old computer, I'm actually try to thin customize it for her needing of accessibility.
She prefer single click, and it was easy to configure on Thunar, the file explorer.
But , how to setup a single click on the desktop icons ?
Thanks a lot for the future answer !

The picture above is a screenshot of my Linux-Mint 6 "Felicia" Xfce Edition, I customise it for my mother's wife, polish language

( PS : Good job to the team ! I love Linux Mint ! now I advice it everywhere, my favorite distribution for Gnome/KDE/Xfce )
EDIT 17/04 : I replace all the error "simple click" with "single Click"
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Joejc

Re: Desktop icon : double-click > simple-click

Post by Joejc »

I'm not sure what you mean by simple click you mean single click so when you click on it once it opens?
Deevad

Re: Desktop icon : double-click > simple-click

Post by Deevad »

Joejc wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by simple click you mean single click so when you click on it once it opens?
Thanks Joejc for the reply,

Sorry for my bad english, I wanted to say "single"-click (instead of simple click ).
I edit the main thread subject name to change this error.
Joejc

Re: Desktop icon : double-click > single-click

Post by Joejc »

After some googleing I've discovered that the desktop icons aren't controlled by thunar they are controlled by gtk and that doesn't support single click, maybe you could try another file browser like nautilus and hope it takes control over the desktop icons.
Deevad

Re: Desktop icon : double-click > single-click

Post by Deevad »

Thanks a lot for your research about Thunar,
I will keep thunar and just learn her, the right click method , and after in the menu "open" ; it's more simple cause she already learn thunar.
I will try to note it on the XFCE forum, to have a fix on next release.
Thanks again.

Return to “Xfce”