xfce 4.6 doesn't refresh desktop?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rizzeh

xfce 4.6 doesn't refresh desktop?

Post by rizzeh »

Hi all,
First off, very impressed with Mint 6 XFCE edition, probably friendliest distro i've ever tried and all this on CD install - sweet! OK, my nVidia SLi setup crashed restricted drivers install, but that's nvidia config fault, fix that after a while :)
Upgraded Xfce to 4.6 which went well, apart from a little but annoying bug where Xfce/Thunar doesn't refresh the desktop, I have to hit F5 after any cp/mv command to see changes, i can't find any sort of settings for refresh desktop, anyone else came a across it?
Thank you
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rizzeh

Re: xfce 4.6 doesn't refresh desktop?

Post by rizzeh »

thanks I tried it, didn't work for me. I did some research, it seem like not refreshing is normal Thunar operation, it isn't the end of the world, will have to use F5 more often. 8)
viking777

Post by viking777 »

Have you tried Settings/Desktop Settings - Allow xfce to manage the desktop?

If you are using compiz you could switch that off for a while and see if that makes a difference.
rizzeh

Post by rizzeh »

yes, Allow xfce manage desktop is on and I don't use compiz - it messes with my games :)
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

I wonder if 4.6.1 addresses this, it was released today.
rizzeh

Post by rizzeh »

thanks for heads up , it'll check out newer version
devnet

Post by devnet »

I updated fully today with a new install and this is still a problem. I also have to use F5 to refresh the desktop.
Husse

Post by Husse »

I think this is something "built in" in XFCE, but I'm not quite sure

Return to “Xfce”