after portable updates

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ibm450
Level 5
Level 5

after portable updates

Post by ibm450 »

hi all, i work away in the bush, remote area, and dont have access to the internet in my donger.

i am wondering whether it is possible to dl all the available linuxmint updates onto a cd/dvd for the new Felicia 6 kde, and run / install from the disc??

BTW great distro :mrgreen:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
HP EILITE FOLIO 9470M i7-3667u x 4
GitHub: tolgaerok
Image Image
Old Marcus

Re: after portable updates

Post by Old Marcus »

I think you can tell mintupdate to only download the updates, then you can copy them onto disc and install them. Where they are downloaded to, however, I have no idea.
ibm450
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ibm450 »

OK
ill check it out, but this would be a handy option to be able to carry a service pack, so to speak, and install later or even after a fresh install of a given distro - abit like windows service pack 2 and 3 that you can dl and install at any given time. would it be to much to ask to look into this feature for some one in the community to compile?

:o
Image Image
ibm450
Level 5
Level 5

Post by ibm450 »

Old Marcus wrote:I think you can tell mintupdate to only download the updates, then you can copy them onto disc and install them. Where they are downloaded to, however, I have no idea.
any1 know where it gets downloaded to, please advice its location.... :D
Image Image

Return to “Beginner Questions”