Which backgroun and desktop system is this:

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
SuperMiguel

Which backgroun and desktop system is this:

Post by SuperMiguel »

Which backgroun and desktop system is this: i know the laptop is an xps 1530 and the info seems to come from corky but how do i do that? Image
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
pluraldave

Re: Which backgroun and desktop system is this:

Post by pluraldave »

It looks like mint main but that doesn't really matter. I would hazard a guess that the laptop and pointer lines are just a desktop background the user made up. The system stats look like conky for sure. I can't tell you if it's one complex instance of conky or several instances but you can probably make up your own version if you read the conky manual enough.
SuperMiguel

Post by SuperMiguel »

so this is gnome right?
pluraldave

Post by pluraldave »

Yes, but that doesn't make any difference to the background or using conky. You could make it in any desktop environment you like.
AK Dave

Post by AK Dave »

The panel bar looks like Mint Main. The background is custom. The system information looks like conky, but I cannot rule out that this is simply a photoshop mash-up with fake conky stats culled from a different screenshot.

I have a linux desktop pic, complete with conky, that I like to use as a desktop background for Windows XP at work. This could be something of the same.

But it is possible to run multiple sessions of conky, thus there IS a way to make this happen that occurs to me as being somewhat easy.
Create a desktop background complete with all the lines. Write 7 conkyrc files, one for each seperate blurb you want displayed on the screen, and hardcode EXACTLY where on the screen you want each box to display. Have each conky box correspond to a seperate line from the picture. Write a simple bash script that launches all of the conky sessions you want running, set it executable, and make a launcher for the script that runs on login.

My Dell Mini-9 runs 3 conky sessions simultaneously. It would be very easy to have it run 7 sessions. My sessions are all forced to edges or corners, but there is no rule to require this.

Return to “Beginner Questions”