Right Click Menu

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Kaye

Right Click Menu

Post by Kaye »

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but...

How can I make a menu appear when I right click on the desktop? I feel like I've done this before but I can't figure it out again.

Thanks for the help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: Right Click Menu

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Right click on desktop, select "Desktop Settings", open "Behavior" tab, click "show desktop menu on right click"
Kaye

Post by Kaye »

Strange.. When I right click on my desktop I don't see that option. Is there any other way to access that menu?
Aging Technogeek

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Sorry about that. I forgot I was in XFCE. There it works like I said. In Gnome the only thing I have found is alt+F1. This puts the applications menu on the desktop. There should be a way to do it with the mouse but I have not yet found it. Will keep looking.
Kaye

Post by Kaye »

No one has any other ideas? I feel like this should be fairly simple. Of course, I've been wrong before (many times in fact :P )
Fred

Post by Fred »

Kaye,

Sorry, I can't help you right off the top of my head. I don't currently have a Gnome DE on this computer. I would need to look at it to refresh my memory.

All this talk about beautiful young French women has caused me to have memory loss. :-)

Fred
Kaye

Post by Kaye »

French women will do that.

I hope someone with Gnome knowledge comes along here. This is the last piece to my new theme!
Kaye

Post by Kaye »

Last bump..

Return to “Beginner Questions”