local workgroup

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gitsum

local workgroup

Post by gitsum »

How do I change my local network from workgroup to mshome.

I can view mshome and see other XP computers on my network. I have my documents set to shared and need to change my Mint pc to mshome so the other computers can view my shared folders.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: local workgroup

Post by Husse »

You do this in "Shared Folders" > General Properties
At least in Gnome
You have to unlock
When I looked for Shared Folders to check where in the app you made the change I discovered that I have managed to remove mine :)
I don't do much networking....
gitsum

Post by gitsum »

I used the shared folder option is PCLinux2009 and it worked fine, but I can't find it anywhere in Mint.

Thanks for the tip anyway, maybe someone knows how to access/find it? Since I can see and use WinXP folders in other pc's on the network I can still share files by using their shared folders.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Shared folders
You can find that in two ways in gnome
In the Control Center
Or just open the menu and type sha and you see it
Unless of course it has disappeared like for me (as soon as I get some time I'll try to solve that :))

Return to “Beginner Questions”