Opera drop down menus are blank

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DealerMan
Level 1
Level 1

Opera drop down menus are blank

Post by DealerMan »

A possible bug? I couldn't find anything like this already posted, hopefully there is a cure.

Just installed Mint 6 a few days ago, and the drop down menus in Opera 9.64 build 2480 are 'blank'. I've attached a picture to show exactly what's happening. The menu still works, I just can't see where I'm going until I get there.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Blank Menu.jpg
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Opera drop down menus are blank

Post by Husse »

This may be a bad graphics driver and I've seen the same for Open Office
It can also be the theme you use
You have to tell us more facts.
The minimum is exactly which Mint you have - which version and which edition (main or any of the CEs)
We also need to know a bit about all your hardware.
Run " lspci " in a terminal and post here (to avoid misunderstanding - the first character is a minor L and you copy by marking with the mouse and then right click)
Some wifi and possibly built in sound can be connected to USB even if they are internal - if you suspect you have one of these run " lsusb " in a terminal.
Also tell us if this is using mint4win or not, quite important
tux-sven

Re: Opera drop down menus are blank

Post by tux-sven »

I also had that problem with OpenOffice, dropdown menus blank. The problem was to less power from my old graphic card. (Nvidia MX 4000) I had not that problem with earlier kernels, but now it happend. The solution was to turn off graphical effects or to by a more powerful graphics card. I did the latter but I got other problems after that. Those problems was related to poor drivers to my newly bought ATI Radeon HD 3650 AGP card. They will probably be better but if I had knew what i know today I had bought another card.
/Sven

Return to “Software & Applications”